Please read through the below on how to make a complaint

Complaints Process

If you do have a complaint, you can follow this process.

1. Make a complaint directly to the Agent

You must allow the Agent the opportunity to resolve the complaint themselves. 
  • Make your complaint in writing, along with any further correspondence.
  • Tell the agent why you are unhappy, explaining exactly what occurred.
  • Ask the agency (or browse their website) for a copy of their complaints procedure, this will outline how to make a complaint to the agency.
  • Keep a note of dates and times, and the name of the person dealing with the complaint.  
You should receive a response from the Agent within 15 days of making your written complaint.

2. Obtain Advice 

The Jersey Trading Standards provide free and confidential consumer advice. 

The Jersey Trading Standards Service helps to ensure that local businesses can compete on equal terms. They also ensure that safety and economic interests of consumers are not compromised by unfair or illegal trading practices.

You can contact Trading Standards by telephone, e-mail, post or call in to their offices in the Central Market. 01534 448160 -

The officer will listen to your complaint or enquiry, ask questions and then advise you on your consumer rights and how best to resolve any dispute.

3. Send your complaint to The Property Ombudsman Scheme

Our JEAA members adhere to The Property Ombudsman Scheme.

If you are still unhappy once you have received the agent's final view point letter or if weeks have passed since you first made your complaint and the issue remains unresolved, you can contact The Property Ombudsman (TPO).

Complete and sign a TPO complaint form.  

Along with any supporting documentation, including copies of your complaints letter and the agent’s final viewpoint letter.

4. Send your complaint to Propertymark

All JEAA members are members of Propertymark NAEA. If step one, two and three haven't satisfactorily dealt with your complaint, then Propertymark NAEA will investigate. Propertymark NAEA will investigate complaints against members where there is evidence the agent has breached their Conduct and Membership Rules. Examples of this are:
They cannot investigate
JEAA Members
Watson Homes
Watson Homes
Huelin Homes
Le Galles Estate Agents
Indigo Estates
Nick Dodsley Estate Agents
Quemard Estates
Christie's Hunt Estates
Lyons Estates
Red Properties
Maillard & Co
Maillard & Co