The Jersey Estate Agents’ Association has been established since 1965 and provides support, advice and training to its members. The Association ensures its members follow best practice to safeguard consumers and promote professional and ethical methods.
Who We Are
The Jersey Estate Agents’ Association has been established since 1965 and provides support, advice and training to its members. The Association ensures its members follow best practice to safeguard consumers and promote professional and ethical methods. In January 2018 the Association incorporated membership of Propertymark NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents) and TPO (the Property Ombudsman) in order to align the local industry with that of the UK’s strict codes of conduct.
We run regular seminars to update our members on legal and regulatory changes affecting our industry. We also work with the industry regulators and legislators to ensure that its members are fully conversant with the changing requirements of the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) with regard to anti money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) and other related legislation.
Where an agent collects rents and holds client monies, they are required to have client money protection insurance in place to safeguard consumers. In addition, Propertymark NAEA requires all members to have adequate Professional Indemnity insurance.
We promote professionalism in our industry and are passionate about the local property market.
What We Do
The Association is committed to attaining the highest standards in estate agency in conjunction with Propertymark NAEA.
We offer all members the opportunity to enhance their expertise and skills within the industry by attending local government seminars and industry related talks.
- We are committed to engaging with the government bodies about the regulation issues for estate agents.
- All our members adhere to strict codes of conduct laid down by Propertymark NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents) and The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOS).
- In addition to keeping up to date with all industry related legislation for both sales and lettings.
Legislation covered and assistance to members:
- The Consumer Protection (Unfair Practices) (Jersey) Law 2018;
- AML/CFT Handbook for Estate Agents and High Value Dealers covering Anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism;
- Rent Safe Scheme in conjunction with Environmental Health;
- The Tenancy Deposit scheme, currently operated by MyDeposits Jersey;
In addition, all member agents providing lettings and management must have client money protection insurance, thus ensuring the protection of consumers at all times.
Our members are encouraged to undertake professional training courses and examinations and are offered assistance by way of training workshops both locally and in the UK.